Memorial Medical Center's neonatology services offer care to improve the chance of survival for babies born ill or prematurely and to improve their developmental outcomes. Through this service, we are able to focus on creating an environment for a critically ill newborn that meets their physiological, emotional, and developmental needs.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Memorial provides an advanced level of care for premature or sick babies. Our NICU offers a supportive, healing, and compassionate environment to help our infant patients and their families achieve the best possible outcomes. Memorial’s NICU offers the highest level of care for your newborn in Southern New Mexico.
The NICU is staffed by Board Certified Neonatologists and Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioners, a team of experienced neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists.
NICU Transport Team
We are proud to announce that we now have a Neonatal Transport Team. When a baby is born in a hospital outside of Las Cruces and requires a higher level of care, we can travel to them with an ambulance that has neonatal equipment including an isolette and ventilator. A specially trained team of nurses and respiratory therapists will provide care during the transport and in the NICU.
NICU Services provided at Memorial Medical Center include:
- Giraffe Beds: These state-of-the-art beds can serve multiple functions, including radiant warmer, incubator or open bed/crib.
- 24-hour Integrated Amplitude EEG Monitoring: our NICU has the ability to monitor the baby’s brain waves continuously to detect seizure activity or abnormal brain activity.
- Conventional and Oscillatory Ventilation: Offering different Modes of Ventilation to best care for our NICU Patients. A knowledgeable group of respiratory therapists provide coverage to the NICU 24-hours a day.
- Vapotherm: Allows non-invasive treatment of respiratory distress in infants by providing humidified flow and oxygen thereby decreasing the duration and/or need for mechanical ventilation.
- Bedside Digital Imaging: Baby’s X-ray can be viewed instantaneously at the bedside using our advanced imaging equipment allowing immediate treatment and follow-up as needed.
- NICU On-site Blood Gas Monitoring: Providing NICU staff immediate results to better treat our patients.
- NICU Transport: Our NICU team can travel to any hospital in Southern New Mexico; stabilize the infant and transport them back to Memoral Medical Center using ground-based ambulance service.
We love to hear from our patients. Below are two videos from happy families.
- Acute Care Services
- Anticoagulation Management
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Services
- Cardiovascular Services
- Critical Care
- Diabetes Education
- Digestive Health Program
- Emergency Services
- Family HealthCare Center Picacho
- Family Medicine Center
- Hospitalist Service
- Imaging Services
- Infusion Therapy
- Labor and Delivery
- Neonatology (NICU)
- Pastoral Care
- Radiation Oncology
- Rehabilitative Services
- Respiratory Therapy
- Surgical Services
- Wound Care Center
- Urgent Care
- Weight Loss